Where have I been since May? Where I haven't I been...
Well, I was working 70 hours a week until June 7ish. Then, I went back to retail full-time for two weeks, where I was then hired by a credit company working on appraisals for a huge bank. That was all well and good for a few weeks-I met some great people, the job paid my bills, but yet it bored me since I was doing the same thing day in and day out. I kept looking for school counseling jobs and was really excited when a district called for a LTS position. It was a glimmer of hope after bombing a permanent full time job interview a few weeks prior.
I celebrated my birthday on the down low because I am creepin' closer to 30 and didn't have any of my goals accomplished. I felt old and like a loser to be honest. "Hi, my name is Kim Zylinski, I have a Master's degree and no job prospects." The statement felt like it was tattooed on my forehead. I was able to write on Andy's story a little bit here and there, for the most part I had writer's block.
Then, on August 6 everything changed...I went in to meet with one of the schools that I had subbed for earlier that year. It was my favorite building and I thought they were going to offer me a public relations job. The pay wouldn't be great but it would be in a school. I was happy to be wrong. They offered me a permanent full-time school counseling job! Let me say it again...THEY OFFERED ME A PERMANENT FULL-TIME SCHOOL COUNSELING JOB!!!!!! I took it without thinking twice.
I have been there for over three months and it is amazing. I am the best version of myself in life that I could ever be and I feel like I'm going to get better. It was such an honor to get the job. I love it. I love my co-workers, the students (well, most of them), and everything I do. I'm trying to get back to writing and Rules of Vegas promotions. In fact, on December 3, I will be at the Heinz History Center for a self-published authors festival--Please come!
So that's where I've been and now I'm back. I have my life situated and I'm happy. I'm blessed that my story of job hunting has a happy ending. I hope you are well too.
BAM! I figured out how to get my drafts published!
ReplyDelete