Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sense of Accomplishment

I dropped off my novels for the book fair in three weeks that you should definitely attend and I have updated my web-site.  I added an excerpt from Going All In aka Andy's story.  I know I promised that a while ago and I feel awful for not delivering on it.  I guess I wasn't ready to share anything yet.  Now I am because I have accomplished another awesome thing. 

Speaking of accomplishments-I have started my holiday baking.  I always start the baking season with Hershey Kiss cookies.  They taste divine as I sample a cookie from every batch, what kind of baker would I be if I didn't?  Answer: An awful one.  So my intentions are to bake sugar cookies and thumbprints.  I could be brave and try a new cookie.  I have a recipe for an orange cookie (don't wrinkle your nose, it's actually quite tasty).  My attempts at making almond cinnamon triangles failed miserably last year as my food processor started smoking and probably was moments away from bursting into flames. 

Can you believe that it is almost Thanksgiving or Christmas for that matter?  If I recall correctly, I believed I blogged about my laundry list of new year's resolutions that my husband and I made earlier this year.  I'm happy to report that most of them were accomplished- Z graduated with a master's degree, our back yard is almost filled in, and I got my shiny new job.  The only thing that will remain unfinished this year is the task of dry walling the attic.  This will give me more time to plan out my super awesome walk in closet for the attic.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment