Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another Novel

I wrote another novel.  This accomplishment hasn't sunk in quite yet.  I have another novel and I still want to write more.  I was talking to my cousin tonight who noted that I needed a hobby to occupy my time.  I agreed with him, but I think it has to be related to promoting myself as an author.  I think I need an agent.  I'm not ready to take on this endeavor, but it's something I would like to pursue as time moves forward.  And ultimately, isn't that what writing is all about is moving forward? 

While I brush my teeth and style my hair in the morning, I think about the next novel...you guessed it, it's going to be through Mark's point of view.  Oh, I have big plans for the mature Mark.  Big plans for Andy and Anne too.  It's going to be about ten years in the future for them, which will be challenging to write because I'm not very creative when it comes to thinking about the future...what will be the latest gadget to replace the iPod?  What will the cars look like?  Will Justin Timberlake sing again?  I will stretch my mind to its outer limits to answer those questions and I dare not dream of a world where Justin Timberlake doesn't make a new album that blows Future Sex Love Sounds out of the water! 

However, a bigger question of the future looms in the distance...just what will I do when I've completed my trilogy?  I love my characters and would hate to let them go, will I be able to move on?  I hope so.  It may be necessary to remind me that writing is all about moving forward. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, moving forward is much better than standing still. Not that I'd know anything about the latter...

    ReplyDelete