Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More fuel for the fire

Throw on another log because I got one more depressing chapter for the book where I talk about my job hunt. I found out definitely that my sub position is coming to a close in three weeks. I'm heart broken and panicked because now I have to find a full-time job. 2011 started out so promising and now it feels like it is taking a nose dive. Even my call to the temp agency didn't end all that well, there isn't much out there. I don't know what to do.

Out of necessity to pay the bills, I'm contemplating a full-time career in retail. RETAIL-the sell your soul to make a dollar career. I also looked for school counseling jobs on the other side of the state to no avail. P.S. Thank you Tom Corbett for cutting the education budget. I'm sure this will only add to my success in finding a permanent full-time job. I'm too afraid to go to Libya, otherwise I would consider the military. I'm not brave enough to do something like that. Thank you to the men and women who are!

Maybe I can knock out another book during my upcoming unemployment. Maybe it will lead to financial success. Maybe...

2 comments:

  1. well, here is something that will maybe cheer you up the tiniest bit: i remembered reading about water for elephants from your blog, and i bought it to read on the plane yesterday... finished it in a day and loved it! maybe you could pick up a second career as a book reviewer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look into it if I find myself at home for more than five days due to unemployment. Thank you for the idea. On a side note, Water for Elephants is awesome and I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete