Monday, January 24, 2011

I need to get moving

So I really have been slacking on my new year's resolutions. January is almost over and I haven't scratched one thing off my list and there are at least that are easy to do. One of them is organize my office a.k.a. the "catch-all" room of the house. I have to say that I am more guilty of this than my husband. However, my own mess is driving me crazy so it needs to be addressed. Also, I have started my phone calls with trying to find someone who will let me do more readings/speaking engagements. It's still a sad thing that Joseph-Beth went out of business as they were in fact an actual book store that would let me talk.

I'm going to blame the weather, I just want to vegetate with a blanket when I get home and not do anything. I think new year's resolutions would be more effective if the new year started in June, not January. I'm also very curious and would love to see a study that looks at where most realistic new year's resolutions are broken. I bet it's the states where there is colder weather, not places in the south where it's warmer all year round. However, I think it's been in the 50s in Florida and Floridians whine if it's below 60 there. No offense to any Floridians out there, but you need to man up with the 50 degree weather. It's been single digits here. I can't wait for 30 degree weather to return.

Anyway, I'm going to forge forward with my resolutions. I hope your resolutions are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment