Monday, January 3, 2011

My New Year's Resolution

Hello and Happy New Year Friends!

So I had a WTF moment a few days prior to the new year that ties into my resolution. My husband so kindly renewed my post office box for another six months and emptied out the mail that was in it. Among the junk mail there were a few legal type letters in there. Upon opening them, I saw that they were letters from a bankruptcy court saying that I could be owed money. Sadly, Joseph-Beth Booksellers in the Southside that was selling my book went out of business. They had two copies on the shelves at Joseph-Beth and I can't help but wonder what happened to the two copies of RoV.

Had I known they were going out of business, I would have purchased them back to save them. I cringe at the idea that all extra merchandise that wasn't liquidated gets thrown in a box and is sitting in a warehouse somewhere. I kind of wish I had the ability to track them, kind of like on wheresgeorge.com, where you can track $1 bills across America and essentially the world. Did someone buy the copies of my book? Were they donated to a shelter or library? If you are the purchaser of one of the copies, please let me know. I'm very attached to my books.

In a not so smooth way, this brings me to my New Year's Resolution. I have an abundance of copies of my book sitting in my attic and that is not where they belong. My husband and I declared 2011 to be the year where we finish things that we started such as landscaping the yard, finding permanent full-time jobs in our field, and making the attic and basement more functional spaces. I added one more thing to the list: get Rules of Vegas out of my attic!

I intend to call my publisher to see if they have any contacts for me. I'm going to call the libraries once again and ask them if I can do readings, I will restart my book tour and look for craft shows as well as other small community events to sell RoV at, and crazily enough I'm going to write Ellen Degenerous to see if I can sell my book in the Riff Raff room of her studio. This is my mission and I must not fail. I am also asking for you to help me! If you can please tell a handful of people about my book, I would be greatly appreciative.

Happy New Year and may it be a healthy and blessed one at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment