Hello Everybody!
Did everyone get what they wanted from Santa Claus? I did! I got a new winter coat, some beautiful new sweaters, and a boat for the next two days. Okay, so my nephew got a toy boat and I get to "sail" with him. And I got to be Dr. Kim yesterday with his Sesame Street Medicine Kit. Not to mention I was devoted to untangling all of the plastic animals so my nephew could ignore his Noah's Ark play set. I was really bummed he didn't want to play! Who does he think he is wanting to play with the musical snowmen decorations that will be up for weeks?
So I am reading my $3 book that I bought before Thanksgiving and I almost put it down within the first few pages because the one character was really ticking me off and it didn't seem to bother any other character. The character ticking me off is "perfect" in her eyes and in the story it seems that her husband is cheating on her and her children are mentally disturbed. A small part of me thinks she has it coming. Does that make me an awful person? I didn't feel so bad when the other characters started getting angry with her perfection. Now, I'm sucked into page 200 of 300.
I guess my $3 was money well spent on this book if I'm that addicted to it and feel that strongly about this one character that I love to hate. It also makes me paranoid as a writer. I like what I write-will others? I suppose it doesn't matter as long as I'm proud to put my name on it. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your new toys as well as others presents today or cuddling up with a book that makes you angry.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment