Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Back in time...

I have been thinking about going back in time to my 1920s novel and finishing that up. I feel that I need to walk away from Anne, Andy, and Mark in order to see if I can in fact let the characters go. It might be fun to immerse myself in another world, time, and culture. "They" (all those experts of novel writing) say that the second novel is the most difficult to write whether it be from exhaustion from the first one or the feeling that you used all your good ideas in the first one. I have never felt that way, but maybe I used too many ideas in the first one to carry over to make a solid second novel with the same characters. I'm okay if I did. After all, I started novel writing to kill time and entertain myself anyway.

I have my 1920s novel start at the holidays in anyway, so perhaps the festivities of the year are sparking my craving to write this. Maybe I'll start playing around with it just to see how far I get. I do have a title for my 1920s novel, The Point of No Return. I'll come up with a way to shorten later similar to RoV.

On a different tangent, if you recall a few weeks ago I ranted about Halloween and Christmas decorations. Those damn inflatable decorations are popping up everywhere and I can't help but look at the people and think to myself, "Why are they wasting their money on that?" I would be at the mall if I had an extra $90-$200 to spend; I can always use new clothes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment