Monday, November 29, 2010

Chronicles of Turkey Part 3

Well, the Thanksgiving feast was a success! I didn't learn how to make gravy because my attention was turned on placing everything into serving dishes and making sure it was hot enough to serve. Kudos to people who entertain with fancy meals all the time. It's a lot of time and energy and I definitely prefer baking. As if the all day event of cooking was not energy depleting, myself and the family went out on Black Friday. The important thing is that cooking a large meal doesn't seem as daunting to me now. I think I could tackle the Christmas ham! I could, but I won't. I'm not hosting Christmas dinner.

Anyway, back to the business of novel writing. I don't like tooting my own horn, but there is something about RoV that I cannot recreate with Andy's story. It's still missing some sort of component of magic and I wonder if it's the fact that I'm holding on to these characters when I shouldn't be or if I just haven't found that something exciting to incorporate. Or I could be crazy thinking that it's missing something. I have been rereading RoV one or chapters at a time before I go to bed and I can't put my finger on it, but it's just better. That's really all I can say about it right now because I'm stuck. Any suggestions to become unstuck?

I miss blogging. My work schedule has carried me away from throwing down all my random thoughts down for all to read. As a side note, I'm happy to announce that my time substituting at a school district got extended giving me more hope that I will be able to find a job that utilizes my degree since I am getting more experience. That was a major run on sentence, but I don't care because I'm tired but blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment