Do you know how many times I have walked out of the bread/cheese aisle at Giant Eagle to see the row of books and magazines for sale on the way to check out counter and say to myself, "I wish my book could be there." The answer is every time. Then, it occurred to me that I have never tried inquiring to get my book there and it may be worth a shot. The worse they can say is 'no.' Well, I finally wrote an e-mail to them asking if I could speak to somebody regarding selling my book there. How awesome would it be to get even just one copy in all the stores?
Can anyone think of other oddball places that are more regional or localized? I have a feeling that national pharmacies may not want to work with me. However, it might be worth a shot trying to ask.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have you tried Awesome Books? They do mostly used books, but they also have a pretty extensive local section. And, the people who own it are just fabulous!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, Pittsburgh is kind of on the smallish side when it comes to independent book shops. You could maybe try the Pitt book store (just don't tell them you went to Penn State ;), and I think there are two book shops on or around Craig Street. I will try to think of some other places. When I tried Googling 'independent book stores in Pittsburgh,' most of the articles were from 2005 and rather outdated.
I did not go to Penn State. If you are referring my Facebook picture with me lying on the Nittany lion, that was girls weekend. I am a Duquesne graduate twice over.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the ideas. It is greatly appreciated!
Oh man, all this time, I thought you did undergrad at Penn State! lol.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, thinking more about Awesome Books - each month on the first Friday, there is an event called Unblurred over in Garfield, and it's a free art gallery crawl/wine/snackies kind of thing, but there are tons of people (most of whom are artsy/book-y minded) wandering through and passing by. Maybe you could set something up with them during that? There are flyers and such that advertise the events, so you could possibly even get your name in that.