Monday, February 14, 2011

Dialogue

It was brought to my attention today by someone reading through the "Future Works" portion of my web-site that I like writing in dialogue. Very true, I do. I like to play the scene out in my head with all the words and write it down. I know I mentioned it before, it took me a day and half to figure out the perfect dialogue for the end of RoV. I suppose that is why I'm 7K words short of my goal. I write the dialogue and build the details around it later.

Plus, I love talking. I could chat little ear off. I love learning and hearing about other people's hobbies and places they have visited. Also, I'm weird and like public speaking. Give me ten people or a hundred...I'll stand up in front of them all day and speak. I think 150 people has been my max audience to date. I'm up for a bigger audience.

Going back to my 7K word goal...I was reading through RoV for the billionith time and then it hit me. I am lacking core scenes with Andy and his mom. In RoV, I have Anne and John interacting several times to build that relationship/dynamic. I don't have much with Andy and Karen. Karen gets a bigger role this time. After all, she is the mom and don't we have a whole day devoted to them?

Speaking of manufactured holidays (not that I'm knocking Mother's Day), Happy Valentine's Day. My beloved is at class tonight. Just me and my other loves: Sadie and Tess, the two best kitties ever! It's okay though, I got a card, flowers, and chocolate in addition to a home cooked meal from my husband. So yes, whatever you are doing or whoever you are with I hope you love it or them. Valentine's day is all about the love. I love to write so I'm going to go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment