Monday, February 28, 2011

Back from the dead

I am back from the dead. I was so sick last week, it was ridiculous! I literally was useless for a whole week. Anyway, I'm am feeling like a human being and back to blogging.

While watching Friends seasons (I watched three in their entirety) on the couch, I tried to put two things into perspective for novel writing purposes. First, I was on so many anti-biotic and over the counter meds that the one afternoon I felt hung over, which is a feeling that I have experiences only a few times. In college, I was never the party type because feeling hung over always made me feel wretched. I found it all to be pointless. I wanted to not take the OTC stuff, but yet it was my saving grace to being able to breathe. In a small way, I guess I was an addict.

Secondly, I literally lost a week of my life. When I finally returned to work, I was stunned to see the date. I questioned whether it was correct or not. I refused to believe that it was so late in the month despite it being the shortest month of the year. In Going All In, one of the characters does get ill and spends some time in the hospital. I think feeling absolutely useless as if time has no continuum will serve this portion of the story well.

So while last week was extremely unproductive, I plan on using some facet of it for my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment