Sunday, February 6, 2011

I've been editing!

I am back to editing my story, Going All In, and I feel like I have a fresh pair of eyes when reading it. I was too attached to the project. I am happy that I have the motivation to write again. I intend to edit a little after I finish blogging because my hubby gave me the gift of time by doing some extra chores around the house this week. Thanks again Z!

I received positive feedback from someone who read my book. They liked the relationship between and Anne and Andy. I have to say that that aspect of the story turned out stronger than I ever anticipated when I was writing. Initially, it was going to be the secondary relationship; but as you may know, it took on a life of its own. I think that produces the best work when something is unexpected and I know it is a major part of the reason that I love the chapter where Mark and Anne meet. I had no idea how I was going to write him into the story and then that chapter poured out of me. It was an amazing feeling when I was writing it.

Anyway, I will keep you posted with my editing and my quest to write 8,000 more words for my 90K word count goal. I know I can do it.

Go Steelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment