Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Good with the Bad

On my journies to yoga class tonight, I had a moment of brillance because I found one of the missing pieces to Andy's story...the title! I finally have a title for Andy's story! Ready....Going All In. Boom! Elated that I finally had a story title to go with my story and essential a minor theme to play out in the book (where I could easily add scenes in) I continued to drive feeling hopeful that my meditative state at yoga would only increase my probability of working out the finer details of Going All In. (The more I use the title, the more I like it).

However, like all good things, they come to an end. My excitement instantly evaporated when someone backed into my car while we were driving. I'm fine, just mad as hell, and my car is driveable with a tiny dent. Nevertheless, my car that I worked so hard for has yet another scratch (add that to the hit and run from the mall and a dent from a football because I parked too close to football practice one afternoon). P.S. If you can't park your car well then don't drive it.

In an attempt to buffer this craptastic incident with two good things, I would like to share my other big news that I'm not entirely sure I have shared because I had the flu earlier this week. I have a book reading at Northland Public Library on Wednesday, March 23 at 7 pm. It will include myself and three other local Pittsburgh authors. I encourage all of you to attend and please bring some friends. I'm very excited for the opportunity and I hope it serves to help me with my New Year's Resolution, which is to get my novel out of my attic.

I hope your day went a little bit better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment