I finished looking over Andy's story and for now I am out of words, which is rather sad because that leaves me 8,000 words short of my goal. I really want to make my goal. However, I think this will be a good thing. I'm going to send it out to my original editing crew for ideas and take a break from Andy, Anne, and Mark. Everyone needs a break and this will be mine. Maybe I can read a novel or start my Christmas shopping.
Overall, I don't know what to think of my latest story. I'm certainly proud to have accomplished something like this once again, but I feel that it is lacking something. Again, I'm relying on feedback from others to make it better. This was my system with RoV and it worked for me the first time. I think it will continue to serve me well.
I had dreams of being a world famous novelist once again the other day. I was overlooking the appointments at work and thought to myself that working from home would top anything and how it would be nice to have my mortgage paid off because I got a really nice publishing contract. Ah...mortgage free...let us take a moment to bask in the glory of having no debt like that..............................kind of has a care-free quality to it; like sitting on the beach on a warm, sunny day.
Anyway, I guess now that I'm done with Andy's story, that means I could potentially move on to Mark's story, which can be an exciting endeavor. Who knows where all of this will take me. Being mortgage free could be around the corner for all I know.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
may i suggest nanowrimo?? it's that time of year again! (the sites are quite slow and buggy this time around, but check out www.nanowrimo.org.) if you want to start your new book, this could give you the jump start! and, you could attend our write-ins and meet other authors.
ReplyDeletemaybe i am just crazy and love this event, but i think you would enjoy it. :)
Is this the competition where you write a novel and send it in despite how rough the draft may be?
ReplyDeleteyou don't send it anywhere, but you upload a text file of your work to 'validate' (i.e. prove that you wrote 50,000 words). and aside from some neat web badges and a certificate, you don't really win anything. but you feel great. and tired, you feel tired as well :) check us out!
ReplyDelete