Tuesday, October 26, 2010

People, Places, and Things

When asking my husband what I should blog about he responded, "People, Places, and Things." Okay, I can do that...

People:

I love Linkin Park's new song, Waiting for the End. What? Kim likes Linkin Park you say? Yes, it's true. I listen to Hybrid Theory when I'm angry. I want the new album and intend on looking for it at The Exchange, I never pay full price for music.

There was also a crackpot that came into work today looking for a discounted wedding dress for a Halloween costume. She was willing to spend over $200 for her costume. Since when has Halloween become an affair where we spend over $200 on a costume and especially something as lame as being an "ice queen." Just dress like Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls and call it a costume already.

Places:

I have been hankering for a weekend away, which is problematic since I work weekends. At any rate, Christmas is in Vermont this year so I will get a change of scenery. However, I'm in the mood for one of the those random last minute trip deals where it's a big gamble as to what is least expensive. Will it be Atlanta, San Antonio, or Las Vegas? I can never contain my excitement when trying to book these trips.

Things:

Of late, I have loved my car. I've put some money in it and my mechanic and I are hopeful that I can get another three years out of it. This is exciting as long as I don't have to keep sinking money into it. Cars without payments are always a great thing and I like my car: it's one of the last Oldsmobile's ever made and has a Cadillac engine it. My husband doesn't like my car, but I think he's jealous because it's much cooler than his car and if racing, I would totally win with my engine. However, I would take a new SUV in a heart beat. I'm not going to be one of those mom's (I'm not pregnant, let's state that for the record) that drives a minivan. I want a SUV.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the randomness of my thoughts this evening and I would like to thank Mike for his topic suggestion today!

No comments:

Post a Comment