Friday, October 22, 2010

Less is more

I was driving the other day to a conference when I passed a highly decorated house for Halloween. Now I have never been one to fully get into Halloween as an adult and therefore don't really decorate my house for it (Christmas is my decorating holiday as my house looks excellent in twinkle lights), but I can't help but be extremely annoyed by the large blow up decorations. Even at Christmas, I don't the point. I think those things start at $90 and can go up to a few hundred dollars for just one blow up decoration that looks incredibly tacky. There is one house in my area that has purchased multiple of the same blow up decoration and has about ten of them in a ten by thirty part of their front yard as well as places three on top of their front porch roof!!!!

What ticks me off about this whole decorating thing is two major things: 1. If you can spend hundreds of dollars on gaudy blow up decorations, then you have way to much money because if I had that kind of cash, I would throw some extra money toward my mortgage payment. 2. Less is more! More is only more when it comes money and writing pinnacle scenes in stories. Details are what make them so important otherwise it would just be another line in a paragraph in a chapter.

So there ya have it...I feel less is more in life except for important storyline moments and money. Also, I hope you have your house tastefully decorated this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment