I believe I mentioned that I will finally be using my degree for a part-time school counseling position. I'm really excited for the opportunity even though it's just two days a week. I feel like I'm a step closer to finding a more permanent position whether it's in a school or community setting. What this boils down to is that I'm going to be working seven days a week for the next two months. I thought, "Well, crap, there goes all my time for everything else mainly writing." But then, I thought about it some more and I think it will be a good motivator for me. (This is the part where you really have to think about it in order for it to make sense)...
Last year, I did work 50-60 hour weeks, went to school, and still managed to do household chores. Somehow among all that I was able to finish editing my novel and start promoting it. I must confess that since I've been out of school and only having one job, I look at the laundry basket or even the dishwasher full of dishes and think, "Good grief, that looks like a highly daunting task." Working more will force me to manage my time better and thus, I will be more motivated to get everything done because I have so little time to do it in. Do you follow me? Does that make sense? Can anyone else relate to this madness?
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment