Oh the amount of editing I've been doing is rather exciting. I still am worried about coming up with enough details and maybe one more sub plot, but I will prevail! Of course, I only have time for editing when I'm super tired. Maybe I'll develop a night owl personality.
I have been reading things other than my own writing which is refreshing because I think it useful to see someone else's writing style. I think a good writer needs to recognize different techniques of writing and possibly integrate them into their own to develop an unique writing style and evolve as a writer/person. "What book has Kim been reading that made her think about this?" Water for Elephants. I'm only on chapter three, but I really needed a break from my own work despite having the motivation to continue forging forward with it.
Good news kids: I am back to semi-normal hours at my job. I say semi-normal because the liklihood of me doing twelve hours shifts has dramatically reduced, but may not completely disappear as I have just accepted a temporary part-time position in my field. I'm hopeful that it will open some career doors for me. It only took ten months for me to use my master's degree. Better late than never, I suppose.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment