Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4, 2010

It's October. October! I'm going to start Christmas shopping soon. I know I'm not the only person who is thinking about Christmas shopping and I would like to remind all of you that Rules of Vegas will make a wonderful Christmas gift! Ahh, nothing like a plug on your very own blog. No, but seriously, books always make good gifts. I have received a number of excellent books in my time. Allow me to list the one's I remember for you in no particular order:

1. The Bible from Grandma. What kind of Catholic woman would she have been if she didn't get the Bible for me for my First Holy Communion? To her credit, it was a children's version that had pictures and they did in fact suck me into reading it.

2. Dare to Desire from my college roommate. It is a highly inspirational book that I try to read each year to remind myself that if I want something, I can achieve it and that God has a plan for me.

3. Where the Sidewalk Ends from the fabulous people at Sir Pizza (See best pizza in Pittsburgh for details). Yes, the family got me this book when I overcame my picky eater ways to try their pizza. I have been hooked on the pizza ever since and I have to say, this book got me interested in poetry for quite a few years.

4. Various cookbooks from various people to which my husband thanks you. I am more of a baker than a cook. Besides, life's short, you are supposed to eat dessert first anyway.

My mind is drawing a blank on specific titles, but the point is that books make excellent gifts and Rules of Vegas is no exception. Don't wait until Black Friday to start thinking about Christmas shopping and presents. If you recall, Black Friday wasn't a very pleasant day for our heroine, Anne, in the story. All I'm saying is that a little preparation might be worth it in order to avoid your stepbrother making out with your first cousin.

1 comment: