I have nothing special to say today so I will go with another random blog entry...
Today my morning started out with me approaching a kindergartener who appeared to be on the brink of tears. I introduced myself to her and asked her what was wrong. Her response was this heart melting, "I miss my mom" with an exaggerated sigh. I consoled her and offered to walk her to class where I was overly enthused to see her desk in order to get her excited about her day. I stopped in to check on her at lunch and she was doing fine. I love school counseling and writing!
I had a dream the other night that I was dating Tom Selleck. (Wait, it gets better). I wasn't married and the next thing I knew I was escaping through an air conditioning duct from Tom's apartment with Patrick Dempsey. (I told you it would get better. But wait, there's more...). My mom and other friends/relatives were pressuring me to marry Patrick and I was like, "But he's just as controlling and possessive as Tom." However, they didn't seem to care. So I ran away and was going to transfer my retail job position to our Baltimore location and my friend from Baltimore was coming to save me. We decided to meet half way which for some reason worked out to be Greensburg, PA (definitely not half way) where I was hiding in a bush waiting for my friend to come.
Now, I'm a bit fearful to decipher this dream, but I think it all boils down to me wanting to date a celebrity while knowing it would never work out because I'm married and that I need a new job in my field. What is your take? Also, I really just want to see my friend in Baltimore.
I need a Halloween costume in the event that I'm invited to a party. I would love for my hubby and I to go as Peter and Lois Griffin from Family Guy because it would be a relatively easy costume to pull together. Also, I am not beyond sticking a sign on me that says "Nudist on Strike," so I can just wear street clothes because I always have to wear business casual/formal to work now. Any ideas? P.S. Some of my students think I should be a princess, witch, or even a ninja.
I hope you enjoyed this random compilation of thoughts!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment