Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17, 2010

Well, it was year ago today that I spoke to the publishing company for the first time. Kathryn answered and we each asked a bunch of questions to one another before she finally said, "Just skip the admission process and send directly to me." I credited her the acknowledgements of my book because she definitely got the wheels in motion.

Last night, I had something really cool and rather cute happen to me: I was at a carnival and these two girls approach me who were ten to twelve years old and ask if I am the girl who has written the book. I said yes and the one girl mentioned she wanted to read it, to which I said she was too young. However, they seemed to be really excited to meet me and I gave them my business card for my web-site for them to share with adults. All in all, it was kind of neat to be recognized by complete strangers. I guess I'm building on my local celebrity status. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment