Last night, I enjoyed the sillier aspects of writing a novel such as searching for small towns in Missouri. I have never been to Missouri, but when using Mapquest, I figured I found farmlands when all the roads in the immediate area titled County Road followed by a number. Plus, they were a great deal of distance from the major cities.
I would imagine that if I were to go to this small farm towns that I would hope to see my characters there, much like my drive to and from vacation when passing Mechanicsburg. If I exited at Mechanicsburg, would I have found Anne and her family? The prospect of having such success is what keeps me looking. We live for the "maybe's" and the "what if's" of life. Maybe I will meet Matt Damon. What if I win the lottery? Maybe my husband will bring me home a strawberry milkshake after his softball game. The mystery is exciting!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment