Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30, 2010

I found some new songs that are acting as the "soundtrack" to the novel I am writing. They aren't The Fray, but they are Snow Patrol. Is it obvious what kind of music I listen to? I downloaded (okay, my hubby downloaded) an application for my phone that plays various artists of the same genre. So I have been listening to Snow Patrol, Coldplay, and The Fray with the occasional Deathcab for Cutie and other random artists thrown in. My hubby also got me earbuds for my birthday so grocery shopping has some new pizazz to it!

The other day I saw that the Powerball was about $60 million. I said to my friend that I could totally live off of it and wondered out loud what I would do with myself if I did win that much money. I would of course pay off my bills and those that belonged to my family members, share with friends, and travel. But what would I do for the rest of my life? I am not the type of person to just sit around for long periods of time. My friend pointed out that I would write. I probably would. I would volunteer and when I have children, you better believe I would be an awesome classroom mom!

2 comments:

  1. i love novel soundtracks, and i am always interested in what other authors listen to when they write. i always make playlists for my main characters, and in my 'someday published' daydreams, i imagine that i would post the playlists on my website or send mix tapes to anyone who writes me a fan letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Even director's of movies or screenplays, I have to wonder what they are listening to. However, I would imagine some people have scarier play-lists than others. What does Tim Burton listen to?

    ReplyDelete