I had a crazy business weekend with working and a fabulous date with John Mayer. Okay, so I didn't have a date with John, but I did attend his concert and it was amazing!
My efforts to find a job in field have been rather fruitless. Despite my failure in this arena, it is enticing me to do some sort of memoir of the college student who can't find anything in their field. I know I'm not the only one who has this story, however, much of the time it feels like I do. Since I can't use my master's degree right now, it serves to drive me toward find an agent. As I understand it, finding an agent is much like finding a job in your field.
During a picnic this past weekend, I was able to speak to someone who has publishing experience in the academic world. My hopes were not dashed about possibly finding an agent because I feel it is a matter of searching for one in an organized fashion as well as polishing up what I have been writing. (Lately, that's been a good deal!) I'm trying to go places career-wise, I'm just not sure where I'm going!
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment