Monday, August 9, 2010

8-9-10

My fruitless job search has brought me on the doorstep of chronicling my lack of success. I am thinking about writing about my anti-climatic graduation (I graduated and then joined a temp agency), my time in a cubicle filled, windowless desert of the finance world, and my search for a career. Now to do this as a fiction piece or as a true story? I would definitely write it as a sarcastic piece. A constant negative thing needs to be dripping with sarcasm or some sort of comedic relief to get them to the other end. Otherwise, you have a movie like Spanglish where all the funny parts of the movie were in the trailer and you thought you were going to see a comedy, when in reality it was a drama with three seriously funny parts. Oh Adam Sandler how you fooled me!

The thing about job hunting is that it always feels like the sky is caving in and then when you get somewhere good, you feel like an idiot for ever doubting your lot in life. At least that's the way I feel. I think I have a similar story to many people out there. I pity anyone who is graduating now. Seriously, stay in school or go back to school. Whatever it takes to keep the loans in deferment because the outside world is a brutal one. Stay in the expensive bubble of academia!

Anyone, I'm going to step down off my soapbox and go swimming because it's hot out. Maybe I'll float around and think of story ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment