For those of you that don't know, I have two children: Sadie and Tess. Yes, they are of the furry persuasion, but they are my children and my parent's "grandkitties." I have no doubt that they are treated better than some human children. It amazes me how they have completely different personalities. Sadie is the more feisty one who always steals treats and will sit in the litter box. She's weird like that. Tess is needy as far as attention and gets irritated if you place anything in or around the fireplace as she likes to sit there constantly. They are turning three this week and like any mother, I miss the days when they were tiny. They were quite literally 6 week old powder puffs when I got them.
My parent's have two cats too and in college I thought about writing a story through a cat's perspective and not tell the reader it was a cat until the end. But what other creature on Earth can sleep for 18 or more hours a day and enjoy chewing on Q-tips or mini blind strings? That would be one f***ed up human if I wrote it any other way.
Anyway, even if you aren't a cat person, you have to admit they are amazing creatures. I have to envy their night vision and speed. Each morning, Sadie runs downstairs and into the kitchen to wait for me because she knows I'm going to pass out treats. If I were writing through her perspective, she probably secretly hopes that Tess doesn't eat her share.
Tess and Sadie, my almost three year old daughters deserve some time on the internet after all their furry support for my writing career. After all, they are my feet and leg warmers during the winter when I'm writing.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment