Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's almost August 6

It's almost August 6 and I'm trying to keep myself awake in hopes I will have a moment of brilliance for writing the current part of my novel. My best ideas come while I'm trying to fall asleep or when I'm in the shower. It's amazing how the steam clears my head. I am a firm believer that you are not truly clean until you spend at least fifteen minutes in a steamy hot shower. I'm aware the water company must love me. I know I'm not the only who has this occur, so it kind of makes me wonder why are more big political decisions made in a sauna? Sure, no one wants to be that up close and personal with an enemy or a (insert your least fave political party here) ___________. But if that is going to clear everyone's heads and help them generate a decision that works best for the good of the people, isn't it worth a shot?
See, it's beyond my bedtime and I had a great idea! You should see me when I'm completely delirious.

I was cursing technology earlier today because I uploaded highly important documents to a highly important web-site, you know secret agent work on a typical Thursday, and it would not cooperate. Then, I came home and started writing and moving sentences and adding stuff in a previous paragraph. I had to stop and marvel at it for a moment because there is no way I would be nearly as productive with writing this all out by hand or even with a type writer. I have to give props to the people who labored to write it all out by hand or crouched over their type writer with their white out if they were correcting a mistake. It kind of scares me about the advancements we will see in twenty years. I worry that I won't be able to keep up or that I'll expose my children to too much addictive technology that they can ultimately outsmart me with. Also, it kind of pisses me off that my DVD collection that has taken a lot of time and money to obtain will be obsolete and I will have to start from scratch. Can't we pick just one form of technology and agree on it. Do we really need things to be faster or shinier? Can't anyone appreciate that I have all the Friends seasons on DVD and I am happy as a lark with my special edition Dirty Dancing movie just as it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment