FAITH- for being only a five letters, it is an awfully big word. I was at church yesterday and it seemed that the priest began talking to me and me alone. He mentioned that we can sometimes turn our back to God if we don't get our way. One of his specific examples was that we don't get the job that we want and we have to have faith that God has a plan for us. I'm not going to get all religous on you because everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but these comments led me to evaluate my lack of career and where I was heading.
It was a short thought process as the answer is that I have no idea where my career is heading and no matter where I'm at in life, I will probably never know. So in the meantime, I will just have to TRUST (another five letter word that has a great deal of punch behind it) that it will all work out. However, this didn't stop me from dreaming that I could be the next big author whose book gets turned into a movie and I'm invited all over the world to speak about experience. Since this daydream occurred in church, I was sure to incorporate the words "faith" and "trust" into my imaginary interview with Matt Lauer. Personally, I feel the most frustrating part of it all is feeling like I'm on a path to somewhere really good, but no one else realizes the road is so great. Do any of you feel like you are the same road as me? Perhaps we could carpool.
Anyway, so I'm on my little road full of faith and trust wondering where I am going when it occurs to me that I shouldn't really care where I'm going as long as I'm enjoying the ride. So here within lies a new goal to strive for...I'm going to attempt to be more trusting and faithful that my little journey will lead to something great whether it's the most awesome book deal that anyone has ever heard of or just a simple school counseling job where I can eventually become a principal. I have decided to chronicle this experience here to share it with you. Maybe we can all enjoy the scenery on my journey to Careerville.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment