Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28, 2010

Truth be told, I feel like I repeat myself a lot on this blog. Plus, I am tired of writing about the same old things so tonight I'm just going to talk about random stuff. Do what you will with it.

Did you know that silk can't be spun in pure white? It's true, take that fact to Jeopardy, but because it is an all natural fabric it is not naturally white. So if you hear someone say that they can get you white silk, they are lying and going to give you something other than silk.

If money were no object (sadly it is), I would fly first class to Australia and check out The Australia Zoo (formerly run by The Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. I miss Steve and all his crazy antics. The world was a better place with him in it and I hope his children aspire to be just like him). I would check out the opera house, the Great Barrier Reef, and wouldn't leave the country until I hold a koala bear.

I have never been to Disney World. I'm actually afraid to go now in case I see one of the Muppets and the puppeteers attached to one of them. I have loved the Muppets from day one and I think it would ruin all the magic to see them being worked by the puppeteer. I feel that some sense of awe from childhood should remain in adulthood. For example, I was totally disappointed when I went to Kennywood one year. I was too afraid to ride the coasters and all the kiddie land and rides like the Turtle had lost its luster. The magic was gone.

Finally, there are less lightning bugs out this year, than last year. I have no scientific basis for this other than the fact that last year, I could look out into my yard and it was like yellow twinkling lights everywhere. Now it's just a random sparkle here and there. I correllate the lack of lightning bugs with the heat. Last year, was unseasonable cool.

I hope you enjoyed the randomness of this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you want more random thoughts or stories, please feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment