So last night I couldn't fall asleep because I had a ton of story ideas running through my head. It was to the point where I had quickly mapped out the story-line from beginning to end and even thought about how I would start writing it. I have to admit that it was rather annoying because I just wanted to go to sleep. Not only that, I am in the middle of writing a story and I wanted to kick out the last book of that series before starting anything new. I wonder if this happens to any other authors.
Before my racing mind plagued me, I was on a roll with writing. I'm getting to a really pivotal part of the story. It's kind of cruel to tease you like that. I will post something new on my web-site! Promise!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I might've mentioned it to you before, but I've also had to deal with having enough of a foundation to write multiple stories at once and having to decide which one to go with first. After I wrote my first screenplay, I had some ideas about where I wanted to go with two sequels. I wanted to jump right in, since the characters and the first story were still fresh in my mind, but I had to restrain myself and shift my attentions to an unrelated story. That's mostly because I didn't know if my first script would ever be sold, let alone actually produced. If it never is, any sequels I do would be meaningless in terms of reaching the public. Different situation for you, though, having already been published. And screenplays and novels are like apples and oranges, anyway. But I can relate on some level. :p
ReplyDeleteIn any case, best thing to do when you have to set a story idea aside for a while is to type out everything you have planned for that one so it'll be easier to pick it up later from your notes and not just from memory. Maybe stating the obvious, but different writers have different methods, and some don't make many notes or outlines. In a case like this, even they might want to jot some on-hold stuff down so they don't lose it.