Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back to Basics Again

I don't know why I stray from my plan that has worked so well for me in the past, but I do. Perhaps I do it to add spontaneity as I lack the money and vacation time to do one of those last minute travel deals to a random city. Maybe I just want to find a more effective way to write a novel. Whatever my reason, I end up going back to my roots of rereading and editing until it's done right. This works for me so I'm going to stick with it.

I have been editing my story (for which I thought of two potential titles) and adding a bunch of new things. I will probably read through it again before passing it out to my "original editing crew," who are composed of family members and close friends to get their opinions on it. Then, I will do another round of editing. Viola, another finished novel.

Between now and the end, I would like to increase the story line by 22,000 words. Yep, you read the screen correctly: 22K. This sometimes seems like a daunting task, but I CAN and WILL accomplish this! Where is my cape, I'm feeling like a super hero once again?! (Don't you wish it was grammatically acceptable to use two punctation marks at the end of sentences. Is that really George Clooney?! We won a million dollars?! What do you mean, you are taking me to the psych ward?! Do you see how great two punctuation marks can be?! Three is overkill. See what I mean?!!

Okay, now on a serious note, I may be MIA this week. I am being exiled to a different work location for a few days to cover some shifts. So my seven minute commute is going to become an hour long commute-yay, I'm so excited.

Did you sense the sarcasm in my last statement?!

No comments:

Post a Comment