Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 8, 2010

I did it! I finished the rough draft of my second novel! It's no where near what I want it to be and I certainly am not sending it off to the publisher any time soon, but I finished a second novel! It is a totally exhilirating feeling! How many people can say they have written one novel, let alone two? I'm guessing not many and the fact that I did finish it gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, I can take my writing career somewhere. Or vice-versa, maybe it will take me places, either way I think it would be an exciting journey.

As crazy as it sounds, finishing the second novel makes me feel like I'm on the brink of big things. I know I have talked about this before and all I can compare it to is the fact that when you are planning a big event such as a wedding, starting a new job, expecting a new member of the family, etc. you get excited over the anticipation of it coming. However, I don't know if a writing career is coming so I want to be excited, but I don't want to get all worked up over nothing. Nevertheless, I feel like Superwoman flying into a new world of possibilities; I'm just lacking a real life cape. I suppose I could fashion one out of a bed sheet and fly around my living room.

I want to apologize for being MIA on my blog the past two weeks or so. My nephew and in-laws came to visit this past weekend and work has been keeping me busy. Those crazy brides just keep rolling in requesting crazy things. Not to mention, I was finishing my second novel. Now if you excuse me, I am going to attempt to write a third novel so I can present the whole trilogy to an agent or publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment