Last night, while starting my third novel, Mark's story, I thought of an interesting concept to look at writing. Keep in mind that up until this past December, I have been in school continuously since kindergarten. I ended up having a conversation with myself that went a little like this: "Kim, you haven't even really fully finished the second story and you are writing the third story."
Then, I was like "Oh silly Kim, it's kind of like a really big paper where Mark's story is the conclusion and Andy's story is the body."
"Hmm, a really big paper you say? Well, I suppose I have successfully written papers where I had a strong introduction, not so great body, and kept rolling with the conclusion."
And it should have been at this point in the evening where I should have checked myself into Western Psych because I was having a conversation with myself, but no one else was home to notice so I kept writing. Anyway, I thought it would freak me out that I was starting a whole new story with the same characters without finishing the second one, but I'm going to run with it for a little bit to see how I do. I might have to abort it for my "back to basics" plan. Either way, it's going to be interesting.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment