Saturday, September 4, 2010

Trilogy Ideas

So I was talking to someone the other day and she mentioned that "they" (you know, that group of experts for a particular field) say that if you are going to be a writer, you are kind of golden if you have a trilogy lined up. I thought "Fantastic" because I'm almost two-thirds of the way there. Have I mentioned that I have big plans for Mark from RoV? I have great challenges in store for him. I think about his story a lot. I know his perspective will have a little wisdom that comes with age behind it. In fact, his story line is my motivation to finish Andy's story-line because you can't have one without the other. At least I can't. Andy's story can't be floating out in limbo for all eternity, I have to reign it in and finish it.

Recently, I have been embracing my inner child. I think it will be good for my writing. My two and half year old nephew is visiting me and I pulled out some of my old toys for him. After I type this blog, I may go build a wee waffle house just for s's and g's. I think when you have new experiences or refresh the old memories, it can enlighten your writing. I imagine that the people who work for Pixar and Disney are probably among the happiest on Earth because they get to hang out with their inner child a lot. I know I certainly do when I see new movies such as Up or Toy Story 3.

Anyway, the wee waffle people are calling to me to come build them their dream house complete with elevator, separate master suites, and a kitchen that would make Emeril envious.

No comments:

Post a Comment