Are you familar with the saying, "Hindsight is 20/20?"
I am. My job hunt and even my attempt to find some new places to do book readings has come up a little short. The commercials for trade school and even truck driving school sometimes look appealing. Sometimes I think about going back to school to be a teacher, but I lack the funds for that idea. Other times I think about getting my real estate license because I've done well in sales the past few years at my retail job. If I can sell dresses, I'm confident that I could sell houses.
One of my favorite novels to read is Jude Deveraux's, The Summerhouse, and it's about these three women who get to go back to a certain point in their life and choose a different path to see how it turns out and then ultimately they get to choose what life they want: the old or the new. If I had to go back to a point in time, I think it would be picking a college and a major. I love school counseling and I love Duquesne, but I'm thinking a larger Ohio school for meteorology could have been an interesting route to take. I'll never know of course and I like to think that if I had gone that other way, I would never met my husband or never written a novel: a tragedy on both accounts. After all, what other job do you get paid to be wrong all the time? They said today that it was going to be cloudy, but it was positively sunny for most of the day.
If you got life mulligan's, then perhaps that would be mine. I am a little obsessed with the Weather Channel on both the television and on-line. They have the pollen meter, which I get a kick out of in addition to seeing what is making my sinuses pound. So while I go check out what the temperature is going to be for tomorrow and pray that I get a full time counseling job, I hope you think about your life mulligan's because they are fun to ponder every so often.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Another job you get paid to be wrong all the time: sports writer.
ReplyDeleteI will keep that in mind. I would be good at that because I know very little about sports!
ReplyDelete