I wish to extend a very Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there reading my blog! You have a very important job-to be a super hero for your kids!
Over the years, I have written a few father characters in my stories. Anne's dad, John, I feel I wrote a good role model. While Anne keeps him in the dark on certain things, it is clear that she is his number one priority. In reality, it shouldn't be any other way. In Andy's story, John's role as a stepdad is equally important to Andy. Thus, in John's case, he takes his parenting seriously whether it is with Anne or Andy because he knows family comes first.
Reflecting on my writings, all of my stories have a father who has some hero-like quality to them. I think I can thank my own dad for that because he's always been there for me. I'm truly blessed to have had both parents place me and my sister as their priority. I imagine it would be an extreme challenge to write an evil parent character. I know of some pretty poor parents, but I haven't dared placed myself in their shoes. I may have to step over to the dark side of parenting when writing my 1920s who-dunnit story.
Anyway, I must go get ready because my dad has chosen to go golfing for Father's day. Once again, to all the dad's out there-keep being a hero! It is appreciated even though it may not be expressed as much as it should be.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment