Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16, 2010

I think it's amusing that inspiration can be found anywhere in almost anything: music, nature, or even the cracked out lady coming into my work today. It's true, there was a woman of questionable character who came in claiming to be in love after a month and wanted to try on wedding gowns. No ring, no date; just love, apparently. To me, what makes this small tidbit of information so exciting is the creativity that it allows. Who is she in love with? Her drug dealer, the guy across the street, or the person she imagines in her mind? What kind of wedding does she envision? A small thing at the JP or some elaborate fairy tale wedding that only Disney could manufacture? These details are the descriptive glue that holds stories together!

I've started debating with myself about whether to take the laptop with me on vacation. On one hand, it would be nice to update my blog and write if it's a rainy day. However, I know if it travels with me, I may not be able to pry my husband and brother-in-law away from it (sorry boys, but you know it's true), which would defeat the purpose of spending quality time with family on the beach. This will most likely be a game time decision, but I still have two weeks to worry about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment