Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23, 2010

I am so regretting jumping ahead in writing stuff this evening. I went from point A to C without stopping at B! Now I have backtracked to B and it's like forcing together puzzle pieces. Forcing together pieces doesn't make the picture any clearer. However, I am happy to report that while listening to my awe-inspiring guys, The Fray, that I thought of how I want to end the book. That's means I can go from point C to D without too much thought!

A few days (it might even be weeks since the summer is moving so quickly) I was ranting about going back to basics and moving from A to C definitely didn't fit in with that. I can sort of make my peace with this because the conditions in which I wrote RoV are totally different from now. Once upon a time, I had a nice office job that allowed me to do actually do my job and whatever I wanted at the same (it does exist) and I wrote RoV while at work. It worked out well since I am morning person. I attribute some of writer's block to writing in the evening when I'm ready to fall asleep.

The moral of my story today is that if I was successful before, I should really stick to the track that led to that success in the first place!

P.S. Can anyone else believe that June is almost over? Didn't it feel like that it just started last week? I find this all very disconcerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment