I finally got a hold of a computer without competing for it! I was going to blog at home, but my husband was hogging the computer. So I went to my parent's house (I was going there anyway for dinner) and had their computer all to myself. I pulled up youtube to listen to music while I checked e-mails and blog, but got sidetracked on the main page with the video of Lisa Kudrow giving a commencement speech at Vasser where she majored in Biology.
I began listening to her speech while checking e-mail and she explained an all important question-how did she go from researching with her dad at a headache clinic to being an award-winning actress. Her answer: failure. Before being cast in Mad About You as Ursula the waitress, and then in Friends as Phoebe; she was fired after two days of working on Frazier, was turned down for SNL, and a couple other jobs along the way. The point is that if she had went back to biology or succeeded at any of those other jobs then she wouldn't be where she is today.
Anyway, why I am telling you about Lisa Kudrow's commencement speech at Vasser? Well, Lisa could have been talking to me because some days I feel like what is the point of having a Master's degree in Education while working in retail and having a novel? Any moment can be the moment and it fueled my dream that maybe I can be a big name author too. I don't care that I sound corny because the fact that I succeeded with publishing a novel is an accomplishment in itself and for now Lisa Kudrow's speech as made me feel better about my unsuccessful job hunt for education jobs. So thank you Lisa Kudrow and thank you to my readers for your support. Support has also fueled my dream of infamy.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment