It may be super early to call my back to basics move a success, but I'm feeling better about going back through my story and reading through it. I was able to read through the first six chapters or so and fill in the gaps, thus helping me rid of the comments I place all throughout the story for myself. Also, I finally got around to sending the first few chapters out to my original editing team, which consists of close friends.
Not only did I fill in some gaps, I feel that I will have a clearer idea of what is going on with my story. I don't know how other writers feel about writing their stories, but it can be a daunting task. You become in the mood to just write and before you know it you have a beast of a story that is bigger than you imagined it to be. I think that's where I am at in my writing process. I kind of can compare it to planning my wedding. After you set the date-it's like I have a ton of stuff to do. However, you break it down to smaller, more managable tasks and it's not so scary as you original picked out. (I guess I have revealed that I'm a planner).
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment