So I wrote my little heart out last night and I am very excited what I got going. I just regret being a morning person and pooping out before ten a.m. I'm going to blame my day in the sun as to why I was so tired. I need to figure out how I'm going to tie up all my loose ends of the story. Then, I am going to go back in and fill in the gaps of the story. An interesting tidbit about Rules of Vegas is that Chapter 18 (the sled riding chapter) wasn't original to the story. After reading through the story, I wanted to show non-dramatic time amongst Mark, Andy, and Anne. There were also a few chapters that didn't make the cut because they began straying too far from the story line.
I have a book reading on Friday and I'm excited about it. Victoria, the owner of 'a,' is going to being tweeting about me. As far as I know, I haven't been tweeted about. This book has brought about a number of first experiences for me! I'm toying with the idea of a fall regional book tour by visiting cities such as D.C., Baltimore, and maybe some places in Ohio if my friends would be willing to put me up for the night. I'm not sure if I could get the vacation time or the cooperation from non-local coffee shops, but I'm willing to give it a whirl. Any other p.r. suggestions out there?
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what about te cafe here in squirrel hill? i am pretty sure they've had poetry readings before, so i bet they could do a novel reading. they are really big on promoting local artists/writers/etc., even just in ads they post. try it out!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I will look into that!
ReplyDelete